I’ve been slacking on my blog & sharing recipes here. I’ve been trying to get back in the swing of things.
Here are a few dishes I’ve made the past few months that might give you some ideas for lunch/ dinner.
Sweet potato dumplings & kale soup
I got a great deal on premade mashed potatoes , Simply potatoes ( I ended up getting I believe 8 for free) haha Well the sweet potato one was sort of bland and I did’t really care for them. I was thinking what can I make with them. I decided to make a dumpling/’meat’ball for my soup.
What I used:
- Pre-made sweet potatoes ( Simply Potatoes)
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- a little flax meal
- Mix all ingredients together and form balls.
- Boil chicken broth ( use veggie to make this vegetarian) dropped them in until they started to float. About 5 minutes. The broth helps give these more flavor too.
- Add kale
I did add carrots the next day . I also separated the dumplings from the broth when I put them in the fridge so they wouldn’t fall apart and turn to mush. I need to make these again but mash my own sweet potatoes.
I remember having this as a kid. Loved it! Its simple & easy to make. I should have taken a phot when I had all the colorful peppers together but we were hungry and there was one lonley one left. My grocery store had peppers on sale for $1 so I bought red, orange, yellow, green! Yum!
There are so many ways to do this but this is how I did it when I made it.
- Peppers ( any color)
- 1 cup dried rice
- 1lb ground turkey( feel free to use beef or chicken..even sausage)
- salt ( for rice & mixture)
- onion powder
- tomato juice
- Wash peppers,cut off the tops, remove stem/seeds. ( dice the top pieces & set them aside)
- Cook rice , I use a cup of dried rice
- Brown turkey , add garlic/seasonings, & diced peppers ( from the tops)
- Add a little tomato juice and put on low
- Once rice cooled down some add it to the turkey. This is up to you if you love rice add it all, if you dont want as much don’t. Mix together
- In a deep pan add some tomato juice.
- Add turkey/rice mixture into peppers.
- Add all of the tomato juice into the pan, I pour a little on top of the peppers too.
- Add left over meat/rice mixture and if you didn’t use all of your rice …add it all to the pan into the tomato juice.
- In your pre heated oven 350-375F , add you peppers and cook for 30-445 minutes.
- The last 5 I put it up to 400.
- I use tongs to grabbed peppers into a bowl and add some tomato juice .
You can add whatever you want to these, spinach, onion, mushrooms…whatever you like.
I’ve probably shared something similar but this is a favorite go to meal for me.
- Fajita Seasoning
- bell peppers, sliced
- onions, diced
- mushrooms, sliced
- black beans, drained
- avocado, diced
- romaine lettuce
- Add chicken, fajita seasoning, peppers, onions ,mushrooms. Cook until done.
- Add beans, stir . Cook until heated through
- Put cut up lettuce in your bowl, top with fajita mixture
- Add avocado
- feel free to add cheese
Quinoa ‘fried’ rice
This one is tasty! I sometime add diced chicken to this as well.
I found this on Skinny Taste
- red pepper
- soy sauce
- oil of your choice
Have you tried any of these before? What’s a favorite dish of your to make?