Two comfort food brought together in a quick & delicious meal.
I love one pot meals easy for those lazy days with an easy clean up. This one is perfect because a lot of these ingredients, I have on hand already.
I came across this recipe on Damn Delicious . Make sure to check out her other recipes. They all look so good.
Chili Mac & Cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup canned white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 ounces elbows pasta
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Ground chicken, 15oz fire roasted tomatoes & 15oz Bush’s best white chili beans(rinsed). I think the Bush’s beans also gave it more flavor since its in a mild chili sauce. I also skipped the parsley.
-You just put olive oil in a pan. Sautee onion & garlic. Add your choice of ground meat.
-Stir in broth, seasoning, beans, tomatoes, pasta. Bring to boil & cover.
-Turn off, remove from heat. Add cheese on top.
This is great for dinner, lunch, & tastes even better the next day. I think I might add mushrooms next time.
What is your favorite one pot meal?
Another winner found on pinterest.
Yummy, Easy, Cheap, Healthy, Fast.
I have made other meals from Budget Bytes before and always come out great.
Who doesn’t love to cook something that involves some simple cutting and one pot? I definitely do.
I didn’t have red pepper flakes on hand so didn’t add them & also want to add mushrooms.
My friend added some canned chicken to his because he has to have meat. So feel free to add your favorite meat ; you favorite sausage, ground beef, ground turkey, shredded chicken, ect.
Let me know how you like it and what your additions were.
What you need:
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz. fettuccine
- 8 oz. frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ Tbsp dried basil
- ½ Tbsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 2 oz. feta cheese
- Add four cups of vegetable broth to a large pot. Break the fettuccine in half to make stirring easier later, and then add it to the pot. Also add the canned tomatoes (undrained), olive oil, frozen spinach, onion (thinly sliced), garlic (thinly sliced), basil, oregano, red pepper, and some freshly cracked black pepper.
- Make sure the ingredients are submerged under the liquid, place a lid on top of the pot, and then turn the heat on to high. Allow the pot to come up to a full, rolling boil over high heat then remove the lid and turn the heat down to medium.
- Allow the pot to continue to boil over medium heat, without a lid, for 10-15 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Stir the pot every few minutes as it cooks to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom, but avoid over stirring which can cause the pasta to become sticky and mushy. The pot must be boiling the entire time.
- After the pasta is cooked, crumble the feta cheese over top and serve.
I came across this Fast Fajita Salad recipe on pinterest.
I didn’t really feel like a salad so ended up using rice.
Ingredients I used:
About 1lb of steak ( I bought it already in strips)
3-4 garlic cloves- minced
1/2 large onion
medium bell pepper
1 can black beans ( drained)
1- Place beef strips , lime ( juice if half) , 2-3 cloves of garlic, 1-2 teaspoons of chili powder, splash of olive oil and let it sit and marinate.
2: Cook rice with chicken broth instead of water (to give more flavor)
3: Cut up bell pepper, onion and 1 clove of garlic
4: Heat up olive oil in pan. Add pepper, onion, garlic for 6-10 minutes ( half way through- add beans)
5: Remove veggies from pan
6: I let the pot sit for a minute to get hot again, then add beef and marinade . Cook for about 3 minutes ( depending how thick you cut your slices of beef/how you like yours cooked)
7: Add Onion, pepper, bean mixture to beef
8: place rice in bowl and top with beef mixture
9: enjoy 🙂
I was going to add avocado but everyone at the store were too hard.
Next time I will add another color of pepper.
I saw a post on FB from Good Housekeeping for pasta salad ideas.
I liked the mix of veggies & beans which is why I chose the farm stand pasta salad.
1 lb box of bowtie pasta
1 cup of halved cherry tomatoes ( I used a regular tomato)
1/2 cup of zucchini ( I sliced them , then cut into strips)
1 cup of butter beans ( I couldnt find butter beans but ended up getting small white beans)
1/4 cup of creamy lemon dill sauce
1/4 cup of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of dill
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 cup of mayo ( I used plain greek yogurt)
Check out the other pasta salad here ~> Pasta Salads
It was ok. I was hungry while making it then when it was done I only had a small bowl ( pictured above) It was good. Didn’t hate it, didn’t love it.
I didn’t eat much of this dish , I ended up getting sick and the thought of any kind of food except rice made me nauseous.
My friend Shawn really liked it though and he is a good guinea pig when I cook.