I’ve posted these on my blog before but have made them all this week and love how
What you need:
- 3 cans of black beans drained & rinsed ( you can also use 2 cans for a smaller batch)
- Oatmeal 1/2-3/4 cups
- Mushrooms about 1 1/2 -2 cups
- minced garlic
- Red bell pepper ( I only used 1/4-1/2 of it) This gives it more flavor
- 1 Egg
- Cheese ( I used cheddar)
- Hamburger buns ( love onion buns)
- Olive oil
- Seasonings & spices I used salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder
Add 2 cans of black beans, mushrooms, oatmeal, garlic, seasonings, & egg in a blender , immersion blender, or food processor until mixed. Add the whole can of black beans. If too mushy you can add some oatmeal.
You can either make these in a pan, grill pan or like I did oven.
Preheat oven to 350
Coat a cookie sheet with olive oil or cooking spray. Form patties and place on cookie sheet.
Put in oven for about 20-30 minutes. You want them to be firm.
If you want cheese, add cheese the last few minutes until melted.
I toasted my onion bun, placed spinach on top, placed black bean burger, top with avocado salsa mash.
I took half and avocado mash with fork until your desired consistency ( i like it a bit chunky) and added 1-2 tablespoons of salsa.
Tomato chickpea soup
So easy to make your own tomato soup!
What you need:
- 6-7 overripe tomatoes
- medium onion ( yellow or red) I usually use red
- 2 cloves of garlic ( I have a jar that is already minced, I use about a tablespoon)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 springs of thyme ( or a sprinkle of dry thyme)
- 10 black peppercorns ( or use reg pepper)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 8 basil leaves ( or sprinkle with some dried)
- 2 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
Preheat oven to 375.
In a large roasting pan or cookie sheet add tomatoes, onion, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, sugar, pepper, salt. & oil.
Cook for about 45 minutes.
Add chicken broth . I recently bought an immersion blender which I love but you can also laddle some into a blender when cooled and blend in batches. Put in pot and add beans . Serve!
These are perfect for dipping and are so filling.
what you need
Salt & pepper
Breadcrumbs (I used Panko)
Preheat oven to about 350
Cut eggplant into 1 inch pieces. I sometimes just peel off some pieces off the eggplant
Toss eggplant in olive oil, salt & pepper and place onto cookie sheet.
Once roasted place in food processor or blender along with garlic, italian parsely, breadcrumbs, egg until blended.
Form into balls . Place on cookie sheet and bake until firm. 15-20 minutes.
Dip them in your favorite tomato sauce!
- coconut oil or olive oil
- 15 oz cannellini beans, drained
- onion, diced
- garlic, minced
- Vegetable or chicken broth
- Salt & Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
Put oil in pan.
Add onion until translucent.
Add Add salt & pepper.
Add vegetable broth.
Use immersion blender or add batched to blender until pureed.
Add parmesan cheese. Mix
( the beans help make it creamy and thicker … and more filling. YUMMY!)