I’ve been loving this Barilla ProteinPLUS pasta BzzAgent sent me to try out. I already made a yummy shrimp dinner with the spaghetti and knew I wanted to do something with sausage with the penne.
If you missed my Shrimp & Broccoli dish with Barilla ProteinPLUS pasta here is some info on this pasta.
according to the front of the box:
- Its loaded with 17 grams of protein in a 3.5 oz portion.
- Crafted with simple ingredients, like flaxseed, barley and oats
- Made with protein-rich chickpeas, lentils and egg whites
- Great source of fiber ( 7 grams) and ALA omega-3
It tastes great & is filling.
Though I did look at the label and this is not for a serving size but I never have a serving size when it comes to pasta but just wanted to throw that out there.
- Barilla ProteinPLUS 2 oz serving size , 10 grams of protein, 4 grams of fiber, 190 calories
- Barilla Whole grain : 2oz serving size, 8 grams of protein, 6 grams of fiber , 180 calories
- Heartland Whote Wheat : 1cup dry serving size, 7 grams of protein, 7 grams of fiber 220 calories
- Barilla ProteinPLUS penne pasta
- diced tomatoes ( with olive oil & garlic)
- red pepper
- parmesan cheese
- chicken broth
- onion powder
- garlic & pepper seasoning
- Italian seasoning
First add water to a pot to boil , add salt.
Next brown the sausage in a pan in med-high . Halfway through I added the diced red bell pepper.
I then added the sliced mushrooms. Stir
Next add a 15oz can of diced tomatoes . Stir
Add some chicken broth.
My water was boiling at the point so I added the pasta to the water. I cooked for about 11 minutes.
I wanted some green and had some a little spinach so I rough chopped it…. also meaning I already washed my cutting board so I tore it into pieces with my hands haha.
If you want it a little saucier , you can add more broth.
Next add some parmesan cheese. Stir.
For the most part I always keep the sauce & pasta separate because sometimes I like more sauce than pasta or like to evenly coat the pasta. Depends on my mood 🙂
Add pasta to a bowl ( or plate) top with the tomato veggie sauce and mix.
Top with parmesan cheese & ENJOY!
I received this product for free from BzzAgent. All opinions are my own.