I teamed up with ASDM Beverly Hills again and they sent me 3 products to try out. (The other product review will be posted in a few days) I really like ASDM Beverly Hills skincare because they use natural ingredients, are easy to add to your routine, they make your skin look good, & they don’t test on animals.
What it does:
It renews & protects skin from harsh toxins & stressors that our skin deals with every day. This serum helps brighten skin tone for a radiant glow. Diminishes signs of aging and helps prevent against hyperpigmentation caused by sun damage.
How to use:
Shake the bottle before usage. After washing you face apply a small amount of the serum to your face morning & night. Apply in upward motions. Let sit on the skin for a few minutes and then add your moisturzer.
- You may notice this might look milky , this is because of the high concentration of vitamin C. Just shake it up.
Whats in it?
- Vitamin C (MAP): is a water-soluble derivative of vitamin C that is rapidly gaining popularity in skin care. It’s stand-out features are that it’s nonirritating, and it’s more stable than L-ascorbic acid. Research is also finding that it appears to be just as effective as ascorbic acid in the stimulation of collagen production. Overall, MAP(magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate) appears to be a better choice than vitamin C for people with sensitive skin and those wishing to avoid any concomitant exfoliating effects. (Most vitamin C formulas are highly acidic and therefore produce exfoliation)
- Hyaluronic acid is highly praised for its ability to “reverse” or stop aging. Hyaluronic acid was nicknamed “key to the fountain of youth” because it is a substance that naturally occurs in humans and animals. As you age the level of hyaluronic acid present in your body gradually diminishes.
- Green tea Extract: Green tea is not fermented, thus it still retains its polyphenols, natural antioxidants. Antioxidants protect the body from free-radical compounds that destroy healthy cells.
- Grape Seed Extract: Grape seed extract is one of the most potent antioxidants out there, consisting of proanthocyanidins, polyphenols, flavonoids, and anthocyanins. In addition, it has been shown to assist in wound healing and overall improving skin’s health. Heathy skin= younger skin!
- What is Vitamin E: Vitamin E helps skin look younger by reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. As a powerful antioxidant, it also helps protect skin from harmful free radicals in the environment.
- Matrixyl 3000: Powerful lipopeptide molecule that stimulates collagen production in the skin. When combined with other peptides, it is even more effective in stimulating the lower layers of the skin so that they are able to heal.
- Silk powder: Silk powder is a moisturizing ingredient that also helps to reduce the appearance of pores for a smoother look and feel.
- Honey Extract: Moisture-balancing extract derived from Honey consisting of Minerals, Amino Acids and Oligosaccharides. Makes skin velvety soft and supple.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract: Aloe vera leaf extract helps to increase fibroblast replication, resulting in an increase in collagen and elastin fibers. Also improves skin’s health and healing abilities.
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring molecule that is present in the connective tissue throughout our body. As we age, the presence of this molecule starts to diminish, causing skin dryness and predisposing your skin to environmental damage. So what is the magic behind this ingredient? Hyaluronic acid has an amazing ability of holding moisture. Just one gram of hyaluronic acid can hold 6 liters of water! How can this property improve your skin? Topically applying hyaluronic acid helps to improve your skins moisture content and thus strengthening your skins barrier. A healthier barrier means plumper, smoother, younger looking skin! But not every hyaluronic acid is created equal. At ASDM Beverly Hills, they make sure their hyaluronic acid is high quality with a low molecular weight. It is biotechnologically produced from glucose, soy peptone & yeast extract (does not contain any animal products and has not been tested on animals)
What it does:
It is a natural substance produced by skin cells that keeps skin moist, supple and smooth. Keeping skin hydrated & helps plump up fine lines & wrinkles. Leaving skin youthful looking.
How to use?
Apply a small amount morning & night in an upwards motion. Let the serum sink in a few minutes before applying your moisturizer.
Ingredients: Distilled Water, Pure Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hyaluronic acid), [Grapefruit Seed Extract (Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Glycerin], Lactobacillus Ferment.
I’ve been using both of these together for at least 2 weeks now. You can use these serums together or separate. The Vitamin C is a light orange color that is thin in consistency. For me I used one pump which was easy to spread over my face. I would say the first few days my skin was a little pink after applying for about 10-15 minutes. My skin just needed to get used to the products ( there was no pain or discomfort). I would wait for the vitamin C serum to dry & absorb. Do some squats , brush your teeth, floss. It does make your face a little tight feeling ( this is why a good moisturizer is important)
Next I added the Hyaluronic Serum which you use a dropper to get out. It’s a little thicker than the vitamin C and is clear in color. I would use my middle finger as a guide, palms facing up I would take the dropper and slowly squeeze it out onto my middle finger from the knuckle up. Then rub finger tips together and apply in an upwards circular motion. Wait for it to dry and then add moisturizer. One things I worry about with adding a new skincare product(s) to my routine is how it will react to my skin. Will I break out, will I have a reaction, will it mess with my skin?
With both ASDM Beverly Hills serums, except for the first few days with a little pink skin ( that went away in about 10-15 minutes) my skin was fine & have noticed a little change in my skin. For the better.
I have only been using the serums for 2 weeks & only used them in my night time routine but I think my skin does look a little more brighter. My face also feels smooth & soft. Perhaps if you used them both morning & night you would notice a difference faster. For me Im just letting my skin get used to them a little more and then I might add them in the morning.
- Store these bottles at room temperature, away from sunlight.
- Always use clean hands before starting your skincare routine.
- Remember to use a small amount, using too much may dry out skin.
- If you have sensitive skin, I would use this only once a day , at night.
*You can use both serums at the same time just don’t mix them together in your hand. You want to add the thinnest first , which is the vitamin C. Wait a few minutes to let dry, then use the Hyaluronic acid. Wait a few minutes to dry, apply your moisturizer.
When will you see results?
For the most part with any skincare products, you have to give it time to work with you skin. Skin does not age and become damaged overnight, so don’t expect any skincare product to correct these issues overnight. I’d say 2-3 weeks to start seeing some sort of results but at least give it a month, in my opinion. The more mature your skin is , give it a little more time.
A good skin routine should be something like this :
- Cleanse Skin
- Exfoliate Skin, pat dry.
- Tone skin, allow to dry.
- Apply a thin layer of serum, allow to dry.
- Moisturize skin.
Want to enter? Ends January 4th at 11:59 PM EST
🎉Giveaway time 🎉 Vitamin C Serum $30 1.Must be following me @thatthriftychick 2.Like this photo 3. Repost this photo with hashtag #ThatThriftyChickGiveaway2 & tag me @thatthriftychick *Extra entries – Tag up to 5 friends in the comments (1 friend =1 entry) •Account must be public during giveaway to be eligible •Open to U.S residents •Must be 18 or older • No giveaway accounts •Contest ends 1/4/16 at 11:59 PM est ☘Good luck! ☘ ASDM Beverly Hills will handle fulfillment ,shipping, & handling for this giveaway. I'm not responsible for any lost or damaged items.
🎉Giveaway time 🎉 Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum 1.Must be following me @thatthriftychick 2.Like this photo 3. Repost this photo with hashtag #ThatThriftyChickGiveaway & tag me @thatthriftychick in caption *Extra entries- Tag up to 5 friends in the comments (1 friend =1 entry) •Account must be public during giveaway to be eligible •Open to U.S residents •Must be 18 or older • No giveaway accounts •Contest ends 1/4/16 at 11:59 PM est ☘Good luck! ☘ ASDM Beverly Hills will handle fulfillment ,shipping, & handling for this giveaway. I'm not responsible for any lost or damaged items.
I received these products complimentary from ASDM Beverly Hills for review purposes. All opinions are my own.