Lately I’ve been becoming more aware of L’oreal skincare products. One of their newest products is their Pure-Clay Masks. I love mud masks , it’s like a spa day at home. Transform you skin in 10 minutes.
Each mask has 3 mineral clays and an enhanced- sourced ingredient tailored for ideal absorption time. They are sourced from Mountains in Morocco, the South of England, and the USA.
- Kaolinite is a soft mineral which absorbs unwanted impurities to remove excess shine without stripping away natural oils
- Montmorillonite comes from igneous rocks, is soft to the touch, swells when it comes into contact with water and is renowned for its purifying and rebalancing properties
- Ghassoul is gathered from volcanic regions of Morroco where it’s been used by women in face masks and compresses for years
- Eucalyptus known for possessing purifying and soothing actions beneficial for women with oily skin
- Charcoal acts like a magnet on the skin to draw out impurities
- Red Algae nutritious in sugars that help to strengthen the skin. Extraordinarily fine natural volcanic particles act as a naturally effective exfoliant to gently remove dead skin cells
The texture of the clay is creamy and goes on smoothly. There is no overpowering scent & they dry pretty evenly. Some are more “perfumey” than others. These were also easy to take off with warm water.
These retail for about $9.99 each which is pretty good. I’ve even heard a few people saw these are as good as glam glow . I’ve only used samples of that brand so I can’t really compare in my own experience. For best results use these 2-3 times a week.
P.S Don’t want to get your fingers all dirty witd the clay. You can do this with any mask. Get a fan art brush ( Walmart/Target/Craft store) and use it just for your masks. Make sure to clean them after each use.
Detox & Brighten
Skin concern: Dull & Tired skin
Went on smoothly and easy to apply over my face. This one was my favorite. As it dries you can see where you are oily . It is sucking all the impurities out of you skin. I took warm water and took off the mud mask. My face looked clean , refreshed, & did look a little bright. This one is my favorite out of the 3 I tried.
Exfoliate & Refine
Skin concern: Rough & Clogged skin
This one is my next favorite. It looks like the mud you see people applying to themselves when they go to one of those exotic locations. This clay does have small particles which help exfoliate. This one is sort of like a 2-in-1 mask. This one also doesn’t dry completely. I like rubbing it on in circular motion to exfoliate. I let it sit for about 10 minutes and wash it off. I rub it off in circular motions are well to exfoliate. The particles in the clay weren’t harsh on the skin and very gentle. My skin felt great afterwards.
Mattify & Purify
Skin concern: Oily & Shiny skin
This one for me is best when I multi-mask or area/spot treatment. This one dried really hard and made my skin feel tight while it was on. It also stung a little bit when I first put it on for 10-20 seconds but not enough for me to wash it off. When I took it off it did have a cooling sensation and my skin looked & felt really clean. My skin did feel a little dry . I will use this for a spot treatment instead of my whole face ( t-zone, cheeks, chin, nose) This would probably be better for someone who has an oilier complexion and someone who doesn’t have sensitive skin.
Do you or have you done a multi mask? It’s applying a few different products to your face to help your problem areas. Your skin might be oily in your T zone but have dry cheeks.
I received these products complimentary from BzzAgent for review purposes. All opinions are my own.