Awhile ago I saw a video on Buzzfeed for an easy vegan mac & cheese.
I’m always willing to try different recipes. It looked very easy plus I had the ingredients already.
What you need:
1 Carrot, peeled & chopped
2 yellow potatoes, peeled & chopped into 1 inch chunks
1/4 of an onion
1/2 cup raw cashews
1 tsp salt, garlic powder, & onion powder
- I added pepper & nutritional yeast
- Cook pasta
- Add potatoes to boiling water for 2 minutes
- Add carrot, boil for 5 minutes
- Add onion, break it up – Boil for 7 minutes or until soft
- Save about 1 1/2 cups of the water
- Add cashews, water, veggies, & seasonings to a blender until smooth.
- Pour over pasta and stir
- Sprinkle with nutrition yeast, paprika, & pepper.
Did it taste like mac & cheese. No but it was still really good. I will make it again. Not going to lie I did sprinkle some mozzarella on top of a bowl the next day. Yum! Will play around with seasonings next time I make it.